Communications and Consultation (C&C) Group
Canada Post is exploring with stakeholders the options to address the challenges facing the pension plan and is committed to an ongoing effort to keep all Plan members informed.
The Communications & Consultation (C&C) Group was established in 2015 and is made up of 12 representatives, five elected and seven appointed, to represent their stakeholder groups. The role of the representatives is to help facilitate the exchange of information between the Corporation and the Plan members they represent.
It's important to note that the C&C Group representatives do not replace your representatives on the Pension Advisory Council (PAC), which remains in place.
C&C Group representatives
C&C Group meetings
A communications and consultation framework was developed by a committee made up of stakeholders and Canada Post. It outlines the matters that will be communicated to Plan members and how they will be informed and consulted. The framework will be operated by the Communications and Consultation (C&C) Group made up of representatives from all stakeholders and from Canada Post.
Letters to homes
C&C Group elections
Election background, term of office and eligibility
In 2015, elections were held for the following five positions on the Communications and Consultation Group (C&C Group):
- The “MGT/XMT” election – One representative for active Defined Benefit (DB) members of the Canada Post Corporation Registered Pension Plan (Plan) not represented by a bargaining agent (management and exempt employees).
- The “Retiree” election – Four representatives of the following DB members of the Plan: retirees in receipt of pension plan payments, survivors and deferred members.
The four-year term of these five positions expires in 2019; accordingly, elections will be held between February and April 2019 to fill the upcoming vacancies.
Term of office
The elected representatives will serve for the lesser of: the time that the C&C Group is needed while the Plan’s challenges are being addressed, or for a period of four years.
Plan members eligible to participate in the C&C Group 2019 elections are as follows:
- MGT/XMT Election: Management and exempt employees who were active DB members of the Plan as at December 1, 2018.
- Retiree Election: Plan members in receipt of pension payments, survivors, and deferred members of the Plan as at December 1, 2018.
Nomination and voting periods
Nomination kits will be mailed to eligible Plan members in February 2019. All nominations must be received by the following applicable deadlines:
- Retiree election: by 5:00 p.m. (ET) on Friday, March 1, 2019.
- MGT/XMT election: by 5:00 p.m. (ET) on Friday, March 8, 2019
If you are eligible to participate in one of these elections and did not receive your nomination kit, send an email to groupeCCgroup@canadapost.ca or
Voting kits will be mailed to all eligible Plan members in March 2019. All votes must be received before the following applicable deadlines:
- MGT/XMT election: A voting period is not required. One employee will be elected by acclamation.
- Retiree election: Eligible voters’ ballots and electronic votes must be received before 5:00 pm (ET), Friday, April 26, 2019. Voters will have the option to vote online, by telephone or by mail.
Both, the e-voting services as well as the processing of the physical ballots, will be overseen by independent third-party providers.
|Representative of||Names of representatives||Effective date||Management and Exempt members of the DB component of the Plan||Nathalie Breton||May 6, 2019||Retirees, survivors and deferred members of the DB component of the Plan||Mary Bishop, Marion Pollack, William (Bill) R. Price & Peter Whitaker||May 6, 2019|