Your retirement income from your DC pension depends on the accumulated contributions plus the investment returns you have earned. Making the right choices today will help increase the likelihood of meeting your retirement goals.
- Read the information and use the tools provided by Canada Post and Canada Life to learn more about your DC pension and your investment options. Call the Canada Life Call Centre at 1-866-716-1313, between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET, if you have any questions. You can also set up a meeting with a member guide who can help you get started or review your goals with you. Book a meeting that works for you.
- Complete the DC enrolment form that you will receive in your welcome package and make your investment choices for the funds that will be deposited in your DC retirement account.
- Choose the percentage of your pensionable earnings that you want to contribute to your DC pension and benefit from Canada Post’s matching contributions.
- Designate a beneficiary when completing the enrolment form.
- Monitor your investment regularly, at least once a year, and adjust your investment choices as required to make sure they continue to meet your retirement goals.
- Keep your personal information up to date. Go to the Personal Information section of the Employee Self Serve (ESS) on Intrapost to update your address, spousal information or other personal information.
- Select your retirement income arrangement when you retire or terminate your employment with Canada Post.