Other planning resources
The links below are to external Web sites and are provided as a courtesy for information purposes only. Canada Post is not responsible for the content of these external sites and does not endorse them in any way. These external sites do not reflect, and are not part of, the provisions of the Canada Post pension plan, nor should they be considered financial advice offered by Canada Post.
Any links to calculators are provided solely for you to be able to approximate your retirement income. The calculation results are estimates only and are not a guarantee of what your retirement income will be. You should consult your financial planner about your own specific situation.
You may wish to discuss your retirement plans and retirement planning options with a personal financial advisor. You are responsible for any costs associated with seeking such advice. If you don’t have a financial advisor, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) can help you.
The Canada Post Corporation Registered Pension Plan is subject to the Pension Benefits Standards Act, 1985 (PBSA)
Our federal pension plan regulator is the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions(OSFI)
Federal and provincial resources can be found at:
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Service Canada
- Seniors Canada
- Services Québec
- Services Québec: Programs and Services for seniors
- Canadian Retirement Income Calculator
- Health Canada
- Health Canada, Seniors
- Provincial/Territorial Ministries of Health
- Ontario Seniors' Secretariat
For general information about retirement planning and personal finances:
- Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
- Retirement Planning Association of Canada
- Financial Planners Standards Council
- Québec : Institut québécois de planification financière (IQPF) (available in French only)
- Get Smarter About Money